Monday 19 January 2015

Development of ideas

The noise, which is one of the main concepts in my opening is going to be a scream, the background to how this scream occurred is not known or given away in the opening but it is from one of the boys past experiences and troubles that is being recalled and haunting.. After long discussions and further thinking i feel this is the most effective for my film and genre. I can either record a real scream or find a scream online or within effects?

There are example on you tube but some are elongated too much, I need a short (3-4 second) scream.

Still to go before filming once I have a camera (next week)
- The name
-The ident ( not priority but essential)

I have asked many people for their suggestions to the name. I feel it needs to be a maximum of two words and doesn't need to be long. (horror films are never normally that long)

As for the film ident or production company logo, I may use my name, genre and take past.

The Name

I did a mind map of my thoughts.....
 
 I found that the definition of trauma is: a type of damage to the psyche that occurs as a result of a severely distressing event. So this relates perfectly to my film! Therefore I feel it should be included within the name. I asked Phil next to me who said 'secret silence' once I told him about my opening.
 
By doing these mind maps, which I have done throughout the planning, I can put down my thinking on paper and improve the initial ideas.
 
 
Trauma Reborn
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Well done Henry, you seem to be on top of things and have covered nearly everything on the checklist. It's good to see you using this blog to record your planning and development as you go along - well done.

    ReplyDelete